SHNA Board of Directors Minutes
December 20, 2005, Himmel Library Meeting Room
Present: Skip Andree, Leon Bear, Roger Becksted, John O’Dowd, Wallis Downer, Paul Mackey, Kathi McLaughlin, Gail Schuessler, Frank Soltys, Rick Stertz, John Wilder
Absent: Carolyn Classen, Doug Donahue, Janet Carbajal, Laddie Stewart-Hall
Guests: Kay Roth, Carol Ostrander/SH Cares for Seniors; Laura Burge, Ward 6 Representative
Meeting called to order at 7:05 p.m. by O’Dowd.
Agenda & Minutes of 11/15/05 Regular Board Meeting: MSP approving.
Call to Audience: Laura Burge introduced, will be a regular attendee on behalf of Ward 6. She is working on 2 issues: 1) 3rd & Tucson light too bright (getting shields, cutting wattage); 2) Parks & Rec re playground equipment (details forthcoming).
Transition of Sam Hughes Cares Program: MSP (Stertz NO) accepting the recommendation of the steering committee approving the continuation of the proposed SHCS project for 2006. Stertz recommended the steering committee (Soltys to represent the Board) consider preparing a wind-down plan in future projections.
Agenda for Annual Meeting: MSP approving the December newsletter version after revisions. The mechanics of the various presentations were discussed at length.
Dues Increase: MSP approving increase to $20 in 2006.
Proposed Budget for 2006: MSP approving after suggested revisions.
Treasurer’s Report as of 11/30/05:
Regular shares 62.47
Checking account 3,006.66
Money market account 25,628.64
Balance as of 10/31/05 $28,697.77
MSP approving $104.95 payment to Wilder for website hosting
Zoning Report: Stertz reported the City approved the Sam Hughes Place parking lot in violation of the MOU.
1. No new developments re Mackey Redevelopment Project
2. Street light at 3rd & Tucson now working
3. ParkWise - Andree to invite Mark Gilbert, CPM Parking Enforcement Supervisor for the City to the February meeting to address the issue of increasing number of parking permits allotted to residents of the 1900 block of E. 4th Street
1. Discussion re spring meeting featuring representatives from Sam Hughes Elementary, Mansfeld and Tucson High addressing advantages of students being enrolled in those schools.
2. The Board is looking forward to working with Nina Trasoff, continuing its strong relations with the Ward 6 office.
Meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m.
Minutes prepared by Maxine Fifer, Tucson Office Professionals, 5250 E. Pima #131, 325-7721, email@example.com