October 16, 2007, Himmel Park Library Meeting Room
Present: Leon Bear, Janett Carbajal, Carolyn Classen, Doug Donahue, Wallis Downer, Kathi McLaughlin, Sylvia Mungaray, John O’Dowd, Gail Schuessler, Frank Soltys, Ed Stokes, John Wilder.
Absent/Excused: Michael Guymon, Larry Roberts, Penny Simms
Meeting called to order at 7:02 p.m.
Acceptance of the agenda/Approval of 9/18/07 Minutes: MSP approving.
President's report (o'dowd):
1. Neighborhood forum 10/18/07 re PAG application for funding traffic calming improvements on safe roads to school and NPZ/City Planning presentation on overlay.
2. Details of Sam Hughes School dedication
Vice President's report (soltys):
1. Sam Hughes School Event: A certificate (framed copy presented to the principal) showing those who contributed to the successful completion of the additions to be included in SHNA archives. Total SHNA expenditure, including refreshments, posters, certificates just over $1,000.
2. Next meeting of Historic Preservation Committee 11/27/07 at 7 pm, Himmel Park Library.
3. Concern about the Land Use/NPZ
Land Use/NPZ: Concerned discussion resulted in MSP that the Board delegate decision to Board members present at the 10/18/07 meeting to decide whether to opt in. O'Dowd read new ordinance relating to demolition permit checklist.
2. Traffic: Donahue advised meeting 10/17 as prelude to the 10/18 meeting; he attended Miramonte Assn. meeting and Divisional Advisory Committee (DAC) where TPD indicated main problems are at 29th & Craycroft and Grant/Alvernon.
3. Schools: Flyer circulated re Rubaga Friends, Sam Hughes Elementary sister-school project, to be publicized in the next newsletter.
4. CCRC: Soltys reported TPD has split 8 university neighborhoods into 3 divisions.
5. Elderly Housing/Mackey Development:6. Seniors Care Program: Classen volunteered to be "Interim Program Coordinator" for October-November, performed various housekeeping functions, is planning 1-year volunteer appreciation celebration 11/27/07 4:30-6:00 pm at Ward 6. SHNA issued $300 check for Alltel cell phone minutes and brochure printing.
7. MCRC: Classen attended meeting 9/19/07; next meeting 10/23/07, 6 pm at Randolph Golf Course Copper Room, to work on proposed by-laws. All DMAFB info on-line.
1. 11/3/07, 10am - 2pm: 4th Annual Fall Fiesta at 2nd Street School
2. 11/10/07, 7am-Noon: Feldman Neighborhood hazardous waste cleanup scheduled, SW corner Park & Drachman
3. 11/12/07, TBA: Postal employees will be planting trees in 2100 block of E.1st. Volunteers needed
4. Need to discuss ways to generate offset of possible increase of residential parking permit fees. Chris Leighton to be invited if he has proposals to consider.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
Minutes prepared by Maxine Fifer, Tucson Office Professionals, 5250 E. Pima #131, 325-7721, firstname.lastname@example.org